Women’s Studies Centre, Periyar University, Salem organized a one day workshop entitled “Gender Sensitization” on 28.01.2020 in the campus of Old Science Block Seminar Hall, Periyar University. In this regard, Prof. P. Kolandaivel, Vice-Chancellor, Periyar University inaugurated this workshop. Dr. K. Thangavel, Registrar I/c, Dr. A. Lalitha, Co-ordinator, Women’s Studies Centre, Dr. S. Parameswari, Deputy Co-ordinator, Women’s Study Centre, Periyar University, Salem spoke on that occasion.
The details were as follows:-
|S.No||Name and Designation of Resource Person||Title|
|01||Dr. K. Mangayarkarasi, AP/Department of Women’s Studies, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.||Gender Sensitization|
|02||Dr. K. N. Jayakumar, AP/Department of Psychology, Periyar University, Salem||Gender Perspectives and Psychology|
|03||Dr. T. Sundara Raj, AP/Department of Sociology, Periyar University, Salem||Gender, Society and Development|
In this regard, Dr. N. Santhi and Dr. J. Barathi, Co-ordinators, Trinity Women’s Forum of our College actively participated.
· The MOU with Periyar University
· The Periyar University, Salem and Trinity College for Women (Arts and Science), Namakkal have entered into an agreement to develop and enhance academic and educational cooperation. This event of Memorandum of Understanding was held on 28th December 2020 (Monday) @ 2 PM in the senate hall of Periyar University, Salem.
Dr. P. Kolandaivel, Honourable Vice-Chancellor, Periyar University, Salem presided over the program. The senior faculty members of Periyar University Dr. A. Muthusamy (Mathematics), The professors of PRIMS Dr. V.R. Palanivel, Dr. J. Senthilvel Murugan and Dr. R. Subramaniya Bharathi took part in that occasion.
· Dr M.R. Lakshiminarayanan, Principal and Dr. Arasuparameswaran, Director – Academic of the College both received the documents of MOU from the Vice-Chancellor of Periyar University.
· The important contents of Memorandum of Understanding
The MOU focuses on their efforts to forge cooperation within the area of E-Learning, Education and Skill based Training and Research. This institution collaboration is made purely for the academic purpose and in the frame of the major Research Project (MJ-RP-139) sponsored by the ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Science & Research), New Delhi. Teachers are playing a significant role in strengthening the quality of the students as a consequence of effective and innovative teaching learning methods and pedagogy – this agreement would be a major advantage to the teaching community to upgrade their skills and knowledge related to E-Learning and E-Content development. Specifically, it will provide support and guidance on making use of SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) – MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) as a blended learning teaching tool as part of the collaboration. It includes a Major Research Project of ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Science & Research) on “An appraisal of awareness, perception and digital competency of Teachers of affiliated Colleges of Periyar University towards E-Learning Resources and Methodologies in Higher Education. In this regard, the following faculty members have been appointed for members of SWAYAM and MOOC Courses.
1. Mrs. S. Usharani, Assistant Professor in Computer Science – Coordinator & Member of SWAYAM
2. Dr. P. Pradeepa, Assistant Professor in Tamil – Member of SWAYAM
3. Mrs. S. Bharathi, Assistant Professor in English – Member of SWAYAM
4. Dr L. Tamilselvi, Assistant Professor in Commerce – Member of SWAYAM
5. Mrs. B. Kavitha, Assistant Professor in Physics – Member of SWAYAM
6. Mrs. M. Chitra, Assistant Professor in Chemistry – Member of SWAYAM
7. Mrs. P. Nandhini, Assistant Professor in Mathematics – Member of SWAYAM
All the above mentioned faculty members are congratulated by Mr. P.K. Sengodan, Chairman, Er. K. Nallusamy, Secretary, Dr. M.R. Lakshiminarayanan, Principal, Dr. Arasuparameswaran, Director -Academic, Mr. N.S. Senthilkumar, Administrative Officer, All Department Heads and the faculty members of all departments.
“India’s independence celebration of 75 years of independence”
The Department of History, Periyar University, Salem conducted a one day symposium entitled “India’s independence celebration of 75 years of independence” (AZADI KA AMRUT MAHOTSAV) & Launch of essay competition for University and Affiliated Colleges on 12th March 2021 in the premises of senate hall in the University campus. Dr. Prof. P. Kolandaivel, Honourable Vice-Chancellor, Periyar University presided over the programme. Dr. M. Tamilmaran, Prof & Head, Department of History, Periyar University welcomed the gathering. Dr. S. Ravichandran, Organizing Secretary & Assistant Professor in History, Periyar University proposed the vote of thanks. Dr.Arasuparameswaran, Director – Academic of our College was the resource person. He spoke on the topic of achievements of 75 years of independence of India.
He is greeted by Mr. P.K. Sengodan, Chairman, Er. K. Nallusamy, Secretary, Dr M.R. Lakshiminarayanan, Principal and the faculty members of the College.