Introduction of SWAYAM
Education is a prime element for the progress of any country. ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM), is a jointly initiative by Ministry of HumanResource Development (MHRD) and All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), Government of India to provide an integral teaching learning platform in online mode. This covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses. SWAYAM MOOCs(Massive Open Online Courses) platform is World’s Largest Online Free E-Learning Platform Portal designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., Access, Equity and Quality by covering School/Vocational, Under-Graduate, Post Graduate, Engineering and Other Professional Courses.
Objectives of SWAYAM
- To take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged group.
- SWAYAM seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- High quality education will reach to everyone at minimum cost and endeavour by the government of India.
- Academicians from hundreds of institutions throughout the country are involved in developing & delivering MOOCs through SWAYAM in almost all disciplines from senior schooling to Post Graduation wherein it is intended to develop world class content.
Benefits of SWAYAM
- For any Indian learner, SWAYAM is absolutely free of cost for learning but some fees are applied in case of certificate.
- The SWAYAM is a new platform to Indian learner that is complimentary to formal education in India
- The learners who are in Indian University and institutions cannot get quality teachers but SWAYAM is a platform by which any of the learners and get easily attached with the best teachers like the teachers of IITs, IIMs etc.
- Advanced curriculum and professional certification under a unified scheme in higher education domain that can be tailored to meet the demands of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) currently being implemented in India at under graduate level.
- Curricula and courses that can meet the needs of life-long learners.
- Independent courses which may not be part of any set curriculum and may be taught as awareness courses, continuing education programme and for training of specific skill sets.
- It is the very good platform because anyone can register and can study through SWAYAM that means opportunity is being given to everyone.
- No fee is charged for any learner. The courses provided under this portal are free of cost. However, learners who want certification after the completion of the course are required to pay a specified amount of fee (which is usually low).
SWAYAM CELL organized distinct Webinars with eminent speakers. Through this, we give awareness and more information to students about SWAYAM. SWAYAM Committee Members also conducted awareness programme to student. We also signed MOU with Periyar University, Salem. They conducted FDP, Workshop, and Seminar for Staff members regarding LMS (Learning Management System), Classroom APP, MOOCs, E-Content, etc…
Co-ordinator | Computer Science
Dr.LALITHA ESWARAN (CHEMISTRY)
Ms.B.KAVITHA (COSTUME DESIGN & FASHION)
JAN-APR (2021) – Semester
63 (Student and Staff) have enrolled-Among 3 got certified.
JULY-DEC (2022) – Semester
Enrollment going on