Department of Library
A Library plays a vital role in the search of knowledge. It serves as the workshop for the entire college – students and faculty alike. Library of Trinity College for Women, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu state aims to support the teaching learning activity in the institution and also supply the student’s updated knowledge and to ensure the maximum utilization of the available resources.
The Central library is situated on the first floor of the college main block. It occupies about 1997.98 sq. ft. and can accommodate about 100 students at a time. The library is provided with proper ventilation, lightning & fans.
- Article index of selected periodicals.
- Compilation of specialized bibliographies on demand.
- Weekly display of new arrivals.
- Inter Library Loan and Inter Library Reference Services.
- Reprographic services.
- Reference files of selected topics.
- Library orientation to fresh members.
Policy on book lending
Books lending service – General Books and subject related Books.
- All the faculty members, non-teaching staff members and students of Trinity College for Women are using our library.
- Free Internet access to students and staff members. A separate hub for internet access is installed in the library
Library Time – 9.00 AM to 4.45 PM
Total no. of Books available in the library
- English -1511
- Chemistry- 381
- Computer science1051
- General knowledge -232
Nearly 9000 books available in the College Library
THE NATIONAL DIGITAL LIBRARY (NDL) OF INDIA
Subscription of newspapers
- The Hindu – English daily
- The Hindu Tamil Disai – Tamil daily
- The New Indian Express – English daily
- Dinamani – Tamil daily
- Kalaikathir – Tamil daily
Distinct Features of Library
- Apart from that facilities of (issue) reference of Newspapers, Journals and magazines.
- Reference of Project Reports and to issue for the benefit of students
- Reference of Previous semesters Periyar University Question Papers
- CD Service
- Facilities of Xerox
- Our Library is fully computerized with the implementation of KOHA (Library software from INFLIBNET) along with a Barcode system.
- Two library books are given to the students of undergraduate courses, three library books are provided to the postgraduate students, five books are issued to the M.Phil/Ph.D. Research Scholars and ten books are provided to the faculty members of the College.
- Visiting membership to the students of other Colleges to use the Library for their reference work.
- Regular display of new arrivals in the library; Newspaper cuttings on Career guidance, current topics, etc.,
- The Library reading room is kept open on Saturdays during examination days.
- All students must make use of the library facility to enrich their academic excellence.
- Only bonafide members are allowed to enter the college library on the strength of a valid Identity Card, which must be produced as and when it is demanded by the library staff or college teaching staff.
- Complete silence must be maintained in & near the library.
- Students should not bring Walkman or any electronic instruments and eatables inside the library.
- Using the Cell Phone in the Library is strictly prohibited.
Dr.M.Selvi ( Librarian & HOD)
Experience: 1 Year 3 Months 20 Days
Mrs.P.Sathiya ( Assistant Librarian)
C.L.I.S.,B.Com (CA).M.Com. M.L.I.S.,D.TEd.,
Experience: 4 Years 10 months