Department of Mathematics
B.Sc., MATHEMATICS – Year of Starting – 2003-2004.
M.Sc., MATHEMATICS – Year of Starting – 2000-2001.
- Mathematics is Science Discovery:It discovers express relationships in symbolic form in words, in numbers, in letters etc.
- Mathematics deals with the art of drawing conclusions: It helps children in drawing right conclusions & inferences.
- Mathematics is a tool subject: Mathematics is a powerful tool widely applicable.
- Mathematics is the science of Precision & accuracy: Mathematics is known as an exact science because of its precision.
- Mathematics is the subject of logical sequence: It’s learning always proceeds from simple to complex & from concrete to abstract.
- Mathematics is a science of logical reasoning:It governs the patterns of deductive proof through which mathematics is developed.
- The scope of Mathematics and the opportunities within this career field are unlimited.
- A career in Mathematics today has a lot of options in many fields such as social sciences, Medicine, Engineering and Natural Science etc.
- Mathematics is considered as a significant tool. It is used for solving business problems, scientific problems and economic problems.
- Across various industries a career in Mathematics in India opens up plenty of opportunities.
- Mathematicians can be of two types. Theoretical and applied ones.
- Theoretical mathematicians develop new principles of mathematics and try to find new developments in the existing ones.
- Applied Mathematician apply the concepts of Mathematics to solve bigger problems in economic, scientific and engineering domains
Dr. R.Malarvizhi (AP & HOD – PG )
M.Sc.,M.Phil.,B.Ed.,PGDCA., Ph.D, SET.,
UG- 9 Years 9 days
PG – 9 Years 9 days
Total – 9 Years 9 days
Other college experience: 11 years 8 Months 12 Days (Engineering)
Dr.P.Saranya (AP & HOD – UG )
UG- 6 Years 4 Months 5 days
PG – 6 Years 4 Months 5 days
Total – 6 Years 4 Months 5 days
Other College experience: 3Years 1 Month 8 Days
Mrs.B. Lena (AP)
UG – 17 Years 3 Months 24 Days
PG – 17 Years 3 Months 24 Days
Total – 17 Years 3 Months 24 Days
UG – 11 Years 8 Months 20 Days
PG – 11 Years 8 Months 20 Days
Total – 11 Years 8 Months 20 Days
Other college experience: 1 year (Polytechnic)
UG – 10 Years 29 Days
PG – 10 Years 29 Days
Total – 10 Years 29 Days
UG – 3 Years 2 Months 27 days
PG – 3 Years 2 Months 27 days
Total – 3 Years 2 Months 27 days
Other college experience: 2 years 8 Months 15 Days(Engineering)
UG – 11 Months
Total – 11 Months
Other college experience : 6 years 5 months
UG – 1 Month
Total – 1 Month
Other college experience: 6 years 4 Months