Department of English
B.A., ENGLISH – Year of starting – 2011-2012.
M.A., ENGLISH – Year of starting – 2011-2012.
M.Phil., ENGLISH – Year of starting – 2017-2018.
- English is a varied language that allows students all around the world to pursue a wide range of employment opportunities.
- Studying an English Literature degree can pursue jobs in Media and Advertising, Writing and Publishing, Journalism, Public Relations, Content Writing and Blogging, Creative Writing, Teaching and Academic among other fields.
- English Literature degree students scrutinize and debate a variety of texts, as well as acquiring knowledge of literary movement, period’s and critical approaches that have shaped the way we view literature today.
- English Literature also pursue careers in Copywriting or Social Workers, entrepreneurs or filmmakers are applying their studies at Stanford to every corner of the world.
- Maintain a curriculum and examination structure that ensures advanced study in language and culture.
- Allow students to learn relevant literary and social history as well as acquire training in careful textual analysis.
- Strive by example, precept, and encouragement to enable students to improve their research writing skills, to apply these skills professionally outside the classroom and to become publishing scholars.
- Prepare students to become effective teachers, equipping them to teach composition and literature courses at the college, university and advanced secondary-school level, and assisting them to develop their teaching potential through experience tutoring in the teaching composition and assisting in the teaching of language courses in the department.
- Support scholarly development of the faculty and students by promoting teaching that brings faculty and students together inside and outside the classroom to work on pedagogical and scholarly issues of mutual interest.
- Strive to assist students in finding professional employment that makes effective use of the skills and knowledge acquired in their training.
Mrs. G.Kannagi (AP)
M.A., B.Ed., TET., DCA.,
UG – 11 Years 1 Month 11 Days
PG – 11 Years 1 Month 11 Days
Total – 11 Years 1 Month 11 Days
M.A., M.Phil., DCA
UG – 1 Year 7 Months 9 days
PG – 1 Year 7 Months 9 days
Mrs. J.Evangelin (AP)
UG – 1 Year 31 Days
PG – 1 Year 31 Days
Ms. M.Rekha (AP)
Ms. M.Saranya (AP)